Tuesday, December 16, 2008

YES!!!!!!!

For those that are not able to game during the holidays or just want to get more gaming in.......I am able to host on Thurs. Mike is going to a work function that evening and has Fri. off so no time restrictions. I also live in League City only 5 min. from Rob. I do not have much in the way of 2 player games so I would prefer that at least two people can commit. Just let me know and I will email you with my address.

Lewis .....I found 2 errors in our playing Le Havre. I was playing way tooooo much interest. It is 1 no matter how many loan cards. Also brick and steel can always be used in place of clay and iron. Brick can also be converted to Brick to gain money. You just lose an action and some resources. Rember how many bricks that I converted and then got stuck with? I may not have needed a loan. And you can at any time sell back a building to pay off a loan. Those 3 rules would have really changed the game for me. I WANT TO PLAY AGAIN!

9 comments:

JosephC4 said...

I can come after work.
I can plan on being there at 7pm.

Rob said...

I have a Christmas party that night. :(

brick and steel can always be used in place of clay and iron.

This is actually shown somewhere (on the building cards?, the resource tiles?). I know I figured that out by seeing a symbol that suggested this on something on the game.

Have fun!

Marty said...

I can probably make this. Unfortunately, won't know until tomorrow (Thurs) during the day sometime.

Gaming Diva said...

Marty and Joseph, I have sent you my address and home phone number.

Lewis said...

I'm unlikely to come. I must persuade my wife that I will have no problem gaming late Thursday night and then be alert and ready for our 7AM flight to Albuquerque Friday morning. My wife will insist on leaving 2 hours early.

Perhaps if I start to pack she'll believe me.

Marty said...

looks like I won't be able to make it after all. sorry to have to cancel.

Gaming Diva said...

Bummer......looks like just the 3 of us with Joseph and Tommie. I understand, thanks for letting me know!

JosephC4 said...

I just found a rule in Le Havre that I was not aware of.
The Colliery only gives you 3 Coal +1 if you have a symbol, for a maximum of 4 Coal. The card reads "+3 Coal, + max. 1 Coal per Hammer". With "max." being the operative word.

And while I was reading over old posts on the game, I found the Original Post here which reads, "Brick can also be converted to Brick to gain money. You just lose an action and some resources. Remember how many bricks that I converted and then got stuck with?"
Brick to brick? He must have meant Clay to brick. Maybe that was a long night/day at the clinic...
ps Rob, did you ever invite Jonathon to the Blog?

Gaming Diva said...

??? It says right on the card 3 and MAX 1 additional for hammers.

No, it is brick can be converted to brick! It is just another way to gain money.