Thursday, September 18, 2008

Gaming next week....

So we all survived the storm (I think...), and now are recovering. The question on my mind now is...when are we gaming again? Since I'm not working for now, I've done lots of computer gaming (among other mundane adult things of course), but I'm ready for boardgaming.

Next week there will be gaming at Coffee Culture with the League City meetup. I can't make it, but as always, I encourage all to go.

But being the selfish gamer that I am, I do want to game some that week if I can: I'm hosting on Wed 9/24 at 7pm. Please do go to the League City gamers meetup, but if you can't (or want to even game some more) come to my place on Wed. By then I should have my pimped Agricola complete (with card sleeves, resourceeples, and a nice tacklebox to organize the bits).

According to the Wiktionary
PIMPED= adj. A term used in popular culture a lot, meaning "cool", "nice", or "awesome"

10 comments:

bentwookie said...

I am home in Sugar Land and all is fine. I am up for gaming assuming I can find gas on the way there. I have been good about keeping my gas tank mostly full. Our house regained power the next day which is fortunate because the other half of Sugar Land across Hwy 6 is still without. We were definitley lucky. However, we are without internet so if you need to get a hold of me you can try Jessica's phone 832-455-8689. I am up for any gaming so just let me know. I will try and get on once in a while to check up on things. Hope everyone else is good.

JosephC4 said...

I had a good evacu-cation in San Antonio, and thankfully my apartment is fine.

If anyone is planning on coming next Tuesday nite, I would appreciate the RSVP's.

Gaming Diva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gaming Diva said...

Since today is the Official Talk Like a Pirate's Day, what is every one's favorite pirate game?

Mike and I are on vacation all next week and I am itching to break open some of my new games. If any one is interested, let me know.

Tom H. said...

I plan to attend. We got power yesterday. Apartment is fine. My hand is healing. Tom

Marty said...

I'm finally back in Houston for a couple of days before I head out for a conference on Tuesday. Our rental house had 2 rooms with damage from leaking in the roof. It could have been a lot worse. Power came back on Saturday morning finally!

Rob said...

Glad to hear everyone's lives are coming back to normal.

My fav Pirate Game? I'd probably say Winds of Plunder from GMT...but I really want to try Blackbeard. I think it will easily replace Winds of Plunder (although it's slightly more of a wargame than a euro).

Pirate's Cove I'd be willing to try, but for some reason it's never appealed to me. Caribbean is not good at all, IMO. Jamaica (Piratey racing game) I'd love to try.

Andy said...

I'm up for gaming on Weds since I'm unavailable Tues now. My wife has choir practice during the school year Tuesday evenings.

I have Pirate's Cove, but it's more a family game with not a ton of thought involved. It is silly fun, though, and fairly quick.

Rob said...

Andy, that's exactly the impression I had of PC.

I'm hopeful that Blackbeard (GMT) will improve with the new revised rules. If reviews are good, I'll pick it up.

See ya tomorrow.

JosephC4 said...

On Pimping Agricola:
Rob, how did the half (one side) laminated labels fair with your 1/2 inch paper punch? When did the punch start to act dull?

ps Does anyone have the manufacturer and model number for that spiffy box for the bits?