Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last night... more Agricola.

Last night we had 4 and yours truly... Mike, JD, Lewis (he's back), and Ben (for his second time... good to see you again).

First game of the night was Agricola. We are still sticking to the 'easy' cards. Still after 5 games using the same cards, I find new cards and combos I hadn't seen before. As a 5 player game, I think the game runs a bit too long for my taste. I'll probably stick with the 4 or less player games if possible, BUT I won't turn down a 5 player game either.

Then we did 2 games back to back of Liar's Dice. Mike and Lewis left after this, as we moved on to the fluffy games of the night. Ben, JD, and I played a game of Kill Dr Lucky, and Gloom... both very goofy games, not my usual cup of tea, but still very entertaining. Some cards in Gloom reminded me a bit of Munchkin, so I wasn't super excited about those. Still the game is great for what it is: a simple take that game with a goofy dark theme. I'm curious to try Dr Lucky with more players.

3 comments:

Marty said...

I like Kill Dr. Lucky occassionally, but I have to say that Save Dr. Lucky is even better as it has a definite ending.

Rob said...

Yep, I've come to use that element too to judge games.....

'what is the timer? what will make the game end no matter what gamers do? Or can it potentially last forever?'

Kill Dr Lucky kinda has one in that you are putting out of the game the lucky cards, so it becomes harder to cancel an assassination carad (but in a 3 player game, that didn't seem to happen frequent enough). Plus, you get the bonus markers that can give you an edge when attacking.

Marty said...

you are right, the timer is not quite fast enough some times in a 3 player game. It is similar in Save Dr. Lucky, except that you are on the Titanic trying to prevent Dr. Lucky from dying and the boat is sinking. If you don't save him by the time the boat sinks, everyone loses.