Saturday, January 31, 2009

Tons of gaming...


This week I had the chance to go both to the League City game night, and also hosted at my place. At cafe Express on Tuesday I got to play 2 games back to back of my fav card game, Race for the Galaxy. It seems that everytime I play with the new VP goals, I get 'distracted' and lose my pace. I lost both games. I think I prefer to play without them, but then again, I've played the game now 30 times, and they do add some variety to it. I also got to play Great Wall of China. Brent taught Mike and me. I won by grabbing some of the high VP tiles early in the game. Interesting filler.

On Wed at my place, I had the pleasure of hosting for Lewis, Mike, Denise, and Lance. We first played a game of Chicago Express. I finally can say that I am getting better at this game (and I better after 3 games). very interesting quick train game. Then we split up. Lewis, Lance and I played neuroshima hex. Cool scifi abstract game that might replace my Hive (which I think was originally Marty's opinion). Last but not least we played 2 games of Roll Through the Ages, a short and sweet Civ-lite dice game. It's civ, it's short (about 40min), and it's got dice. Perfect. Plus, it's kind of addictive. Since it's short, you can't just build everything in one game. You are going to have to play more times to try out different combinations of developments (which grant different abilities).

I can't make it tomorrow to the Fuddrucker's meetup... have fun! Next week I'm shooting again for Wed... I'll let you all know. Why the pic? Well, I thought it was funny, and I've always been a Street Fighter fan......Street Fighter 4 is coming out for the XBOX this month, and I can't wait to try it.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I take exception to the dude punching the coin out of the question mark box. The number of coins stays at 13 along the top, so it's an obvious fraud. Plus I don't believe Mario has ever been quite so buff.

Rob said...

Yes, that is Mario. He's been working out.