Saturday, May 30, 2009

Deutscher Spielepreis

Thanks for hosting Lewis! I was so excited about finally learning another one of my games that I immediately went home and opened Merchants of Amsterdam! Plus I never say no to Le Havre. I have yet to find a strategy that works for me (maybe that is what grabs me).

Who votes in the German Boardgame Award and is there a good website (in English) about it? Or does anyone know of a good English/German website for translations? I was asked to vote and as much as I would LOVE to vote for my favorites I want to make sure it is just for nominees and that everyone can vote once the names are posted. My concern is that I haven't played anywhere as near as many new games as others in this group. Or did everyone get the email?

4 comments:

Gaming Diva said...

Is anyone coming on Tues. that can bring Pandemic for Katie (I know I would love to give it a try)? I'll bring Le Havre for Kat if anyone else is interested.

Rob said...

I don't know how to vote for that. Have you tried googling it or search on the bgg forums?

If I go on Tues, I'll bring Pandemic.

Gaming Diva said...

Great...hopefully you can make it! Tried both but all I could find is past winners. According to the email I got from Uwe Rosenberg they have made some changes since Pillars of the Earth won in 2007.

Thunder said...

Unfortunately, I am out of town next week and will be unable to attend Tuesday's festivities.
Have fun and hope to see you folks the following week!

I do not know how to vote either, but I will do some looking around and see what I can dig up.

Peace