Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Last night's gaming... less fluff, more game!

Ok, so most of the guys that have registered here were actually at Coffee Culture for the meetup, so this will be brief. Just a few thoughts:

1. I was impressed with the number of people that showed up. Nice job Joseph

2. I potentially gained 2 recruits to the weekly sessions at my place. yeah!

3. Playing with none hardcore gamers is refreshing: it reminds me that in the end, it's really all about the fun.

4. The fluffy games I tried were quite enjoyable....except for Snorta. Like Jungle Speed, my reflexes just suck, so I get my butt kicked easily in these kinds of games.

5. Kingsburg, the only medium game I tried, really needs an expansion. Last night was my 5th game, and I basically confirmed that there's really only 3 possible solid winning strategies (church track, embassy track, and lots of dice mods to get the queen as much as possible [who gives you 3VP's each time]). The Dice Despot that I am, I still enjoy it, but last night was the first time I was bummed by this.

Next week I'll probably be hosting on Wed 7/2. Mark your calendars.

2 comments:

JosephC4 said...

Jungle Speed...Does anyone here in the area have it? Does anyone like it?
I have never played it. I read about it and would like to try it sometime.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to Marty for bringing and teaching Zircus Flochati. I may have to buy it...too bad they changed some of the rules in the second version.
until next time...
Happy gaming,
- Fluff-Daddy -